Nightingale Class 2017-2018

Just another PrimaryBlogger site

13 October

Week 6

Before I begin explaining what we have been up to this week, I must praise the children on a fabulous harvest festival last Friday! I have a video of this but unfortunately I cannot get it upload it on here due to it’s size. If you would like to see it please ask!

This week we have been adding 1 digits to a 2 digit number, adding multiples of 10 to a 2 digit number and adding 11, 12, 21 and 22 to 2 digit numbers. The children have done this by using 100 square and the spider who jumps up and down in tens and the fly who moves from side to side in ones. Next week we will be using the fly and spider to help us subtract on a 100 square!

In Topic this week we have been studying amphibians so for English we created information leaflets based on an amphibian. We discussed the features in non-fiction texts and tried to include these in our leaflets. Our SPAG focus this week was commas in a list which children are trying their hardest to include in their writing. Next week in English we are creating persuasive letters to encourage people to come to our Carnival animal party on Wednesday afternoon. This means Big Write will be on the Wednesday. Our SPAG focus is statement sentences.

In PE this term we have been pretending to be different types of animals. We have moved like these animals and created sequences in small groups, partners and as a whole class.

Please remember next week is a 4 day week due to INSET on Friday. Please also remember that awards assembly will be on Thursday!

Have a lovely weekend 🙂

No comments